An RBK Creations Giveaway – Support Susan G Komen!

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. Here at RBK Creations, we have decided to make a donation to the Susan G Komen Foundation, the Dallas affilliate to be exact! It is our part of such an awesome, large effort to find a cure as well as spread awareness.

In 2009 alone, the Dallas County affilliate raised more than $2.4 million! The Dallas group is very active in their fundraising and doing their part; it is  very inspiring!

Here is the breakdown of how the money is used:

A minimum of 25% is used for the support of the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation Award and Research Grand Program. This is the portion that goes to the research that will hopefully one day lead to a cure.

While 25% seems small, it is a large amount of money that is definitely working toward a common goal. The remaining 75% goes to educational and service efforts. I really think this is the most important part of the foundation and what ends up being the most beneficial thing they can do. Over the past few years I have seen more and more posters, commercials, events, etc that are educating people and truly making them aware of breast cancer. I keep hearing a radio advert that states 1 in 7 women will end up getting breast cancer. This has definitely stuck in my head. If you hear 1 in 100 that may not hit as hard but 1 in 7!! Wow, we really need to keep working to find a cure.

While educating women about breast cancer is a big part of the 75% of the raised funs, it also goes to fund screenings and treatment for individuals in the Dallas area who would otherwise not be able to afford it. Rock on Dallas for keeping it local and helping out people close to home that need it!

Will you do your part to help?

Along with our donation this year (40% of pink/specially marked item sales in the shop), we are hosting a GIVEAWAY!

We will be giving away some great pink items. The winner will receive the following:

12 Stem Button Bouquet arrangement, great for your desk or table centerpiece.

1 Set of Pink Button Bobby Pins

1 Satin and Button Hair Clip, in Pink of course

1 Set of Button Magnets

It will definitely be a goodie box of pink-button-awesomeness!!!!!

How to enter? Read below!
(Make sure you correctly fill out your email address and name on each entry. This is the only way I have to get in touch with the winner!!)

1. Leave a comment below with ways you plan on supporting Breast Cancer Awareness Month. (Maybe you are planning to donate on your own, participate in a race, spread awareness or even buying something pink from RBK! This doesn’t have to be monetary support, sometimes telling someone to go get a screening is all it takes to save a life!)

Want Extra Entries?!?!?! Here are a few ways to get more entries (Leave an additional comment for each entry)

1. Become a Fan on Facebook

2. Become a Follower on Twitter

3. Purchase a Pink Item from the shop

If you already follow us on twitter, or you already are a Facebook fan, Excellent and Thank you!! Just leave a comment saying that you are.

The value of the box of pink-button-awesomeness is $54.00

Enter to win until 12:00 Noon CST November 1, 2010. The winner will be announced by 5pm CST on Nov. 1st. The winner has 48 hours to reply to the email sent to them. If they do not respond, a new winner will be drawn. Good Luck and thank you for your help in supporting such a great cause!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter

63 Responses to “An RBK Creations Giveaway – Support Susan G Komen!”

  1. K.H. says:

    I follow on twitter KHBride

  2. Megan says:

    I am raising awareness by spreading the word on Facebook. I am also a journalist and we are writing articles about breast cancer all month and on Oct. 16th our newspaper was actually printed pink!

  3. Megan says:

    Liked you on Facebook!

  4. Megan says:

    I am following on twitter! (@mgildow)

  5. Melinda R says:

    My mom is currently battling breast cancer so I am supporting her. My sister is doing the 3 Day Walk in Tampa this weekend and I have already donated. I also donated to my oldest sister, who did the 2 Day walk in San Francisco.

  6. Allison B. says:

    I support Breast Cancer by assisting my mother-in-law she was recently diagnosed with breast cancer.

  7. Allison B. says:

    Facebook fan

  8. Allison B. says:

    Twitter follower

  9. I’m now following you on Twitter! Great cause!

  10. Oksana says:

    I will spread awareness among my friends and colleagues!!!

  11. Oksana says:

    I like you on Facebook!

    (oksana vladimirovna)

  12. Holli says:

    Would love to have a bouquet as a centerpiece!

  13. Holli says:

    I follow you on TWITTER!